Termites are a long-standing problem that can invade your home unnoticed as they hide in dark places. It’s important to deal with them as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
- Professional skills and experience are required to effectively eliminate termites.
- Avoid using pesticides on your own, as this will only spread them further. Contact a reputable pest control company for assistance.
- All pesticides used in pest control are approved by the Hong Kong Agriculture, Fisheries, and Conservation Department.
To prevent termites, it is important to start by understanding their characteristic signs of damage.
The following are signs of termite invasion:
- A termite has the size of rice, crawling around like ants. It has a brownish yellow head and a white body.
- If you press the sunken, rippled or moist surface on your lumbers, those will be the tunnels and chambers of termite habitation.
- Mud-covered lines on your lumbers and walls also signal the habitation of termite in your living and working environment.
Elimination of household-invading:
1. The specialists of Pestokill make use of termite detection radar equipment to carry out termite inspection to confirm the presence of termites in your households.
2. Placement of bait stations:
Worker termites carry the chemicals contained in the bait stations back to feed the termite queen, causing the gradual spread of the chemicals in the whole termite colony and thus the elimination of the termites.
How to prevent termite intrusion?
- Treat the lumbers for building and renovation with termite-deterring chemicals and store them in a dry and ventilated environment as a moist environment is highly suitable for termite habitation.
- Keep the status of the lumber in check whether there are signs of termite intrusion.
- Get your household inspected for termite damage – an annual inspection will be necessary to detect and prevent serious termite intrusion.