Stings from wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets can cause excruciating pain.
These insects have strong attack abilities, and their stingers are connected to poison glands in their abdomens. If stung by one of these species, there is a risk of poisoning.
Our professional pest control team equipped with various wasp extermination tools and professional pesticides compliant with Hong Kong regulations, provides an effective and safe method to eliminate the threat of the nest. We guarantee a comprehensive solution to eradicate the bee infestation.
There is a risk of poisoning after being stung by a bee.
Ways to Eliminate and Handle Bee Nests:
- Equipped with various specialized tools for exterminating bees and professional pesticides compliant with Hong Kong regulations, we provide a comprehensive solution to eradicate the bee nest;
- After completing the elimination of the bee nest, our company will remove it from the site;
- Our professional team provides effective and safe methods to handle the bee nest, ensuring the elimination of the threat of bee infestation.
How to Handle the Discovery of a Bee Nest?
What should you do if you discover a bee nest? Watch this video to see the recommendations and proper handling methods taught by pest control expert, Ren Wing-Cheung.
Reasons Why Bees Enter Buildings:
- If only one bee enters the building, it is most likely an accidental entry.
- There is a chance that bees may build nests in hidden areas such as gaps in nearby exterior walls or air conditioner units.
- It is also possible for bees to enter the building due to pest control activities being carried out downstairs, which causes the bees to flee upwards due to the smell of the pesticides.
What to do when a wasp enters the building:
- As long as you don’t intentionally disturb the wasp, it won’t attack you even if it flies onto your clothing.
- However, when facing hornets, it’s best to remain calm. Even if there is only one, being stung two to three times can be life-threatening.
- If you see a wasp enter the building, the best way to drive it away is to open all windows and use an electric fan to blow it away. The wasp will naturally fly away.
- Citizens should not attempt to spray insecticide themselves because wasps are toxic. Once accidentally stung by a wasp, the affected area will become swollen and poisoned, and in severe cases, there is a chance of going into shock.
- It is recommended to inform the management company and have a pest control company handle the situation as soon as possible.
D) 果馬蜂（橄欖長腳胡蜂），身長14-22mm 身體呈黃褐色；及頭胸有黑色橫條、腹有黑色縱條
Preventive measures for preventing bees and wasps from entering the house:
- Close all doors and windows to prevent bee swarms from entering the house
- Install mosquito nets
- Regularly check for bee nests inside and outside the house
- If a bee nest is found, immediately notify the management company or professional pest control company for prompt handling.
Tips to avoid bee stings:
- Don’t casually walk into bushes to avoid disturbing bee colonies.
- Don’t throw stones or shake branches, as it may trigger an attack.
- Always be aware of the presence of bee nests and keep your distance.
- If you encounter a swarm of bees, be sure to leave calmly and quickly.
- If the bees are spreading their wings and preparing to attack, do not panic.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and pants when going up the mountain as much as possible.
Emergency First Aid for Bee Sting
The bee’s tail has a hard stinger that is connected to its venom gland inside the body. When we are stung by a bee, the venom flows into our body through the stinger, causing the affected area to become swollen, hot, and painful. Sometimes, it can also cause poisoning symptoms such as dizziness, fever, wheezing, and nausea.
- To relieve pain and prevent poisoning, the stinger should be removed from the wound.
- If the wound is on a limb, a rope can be tied tightly above the wound to prevent the venom from flowing elsewhere through the bloodstream.
- Squeeze the venom out of the wound and apply a concentrated soap or alkali solution to the affected area.
- Ammonia can be applied to the affected area to relieve pain and swelling.